Saturday, March 12, 2022

What Gifts Has God Given You To Use In This World?

 Hola! How is everyone today? I've been thinking on what my next blog post should be and I chose to talk about the gifts that make you YOU; like what kind of gift did God give you that's unique? Is it bringing joy to people where ever you go? Is your gift an amazing singer or actor/actress? And if you're wondering what mine is, I would feel like God gave me the gift of having sympathy for the homeless.

It started when we were on vacation in Port Aransas,Texas and mom took me and my sister Jessie out on a mother-daughter date. We went to some stores, then mom said she wanted to show us another beach close by; so we were heading on our way to the beach when we needed gas, so we stopped at a gas station that was near the beach and also in the getto. As mom went out of the car, a man with a heavy leather coat and with brown skin that was sorta tanned came walking towards the trash can near where we parked. I didn't know why, but I was curious of what he was doing.

 That's when I realized (as I kept watching) that he was looking for food. I kept watching him, seeing that he barely had gotten anything out of a small cardboard container and I had a weird feeling. As I watched this, I felt a pang of pity for this man and when mom came back to the car I told her what I had seen and at first she said no about me walking up to him giving him food, but I begged her saying, "please." This whole time I had been shaking; my whole body was.

 So when mom finally agreed to let me give him a container of pringles, I looked to see where he was (for he had moved to another trash can) and hurried out of the car and walked over to him. He was about to leave when I said "Hey" and he turned around and looked at me and then I took a few more steps and said "Do you want this," and he came over and took the chips and said "thank you" and left.

I went back to the car and the shaking stopped. That whole time I had not been afraid what that man could've done to me; all I knew is that I felt like it was the right thing.

So now you know why I think that is what God had in store for me. I think God put that in me; He gave me no fear and he gave me the sympathy. Without the sympathy I would have never done that. But God let me see that. I will never forget that evening.

      So comment below. Bye!

                                                      


                                       jasmine Hutchison---(Bringing courage and comfort)



No comments:

Post a Comment